Saturday, March 10, 2007

Calling Indiana Jones:

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darness into light before them and make the rough places smooth.These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16
The Bible is full of calls to adventure. Many still claim it is boring and outdated, but I see a long invitation. An invitation to adventure more thrilling than base jumping. An invitation to romance more juicy than any trashy romance novel. An invitation to hope that life is more than the enveloping circumstances our lives suffocate by. An invitation to work for something that is eternal, rather than just enjoying the fruits of labor that will shrivel away tomorrow.
The latest quest God laid before me was an invitation to prayer. What, after all, do you believe is possible? God really challenged me on my belief barrier through some trying circumstances this year. I read that, "Nothing lies beyond the reach of prayer except that which lies outside the will of God." (Mrs. Charles Cowman Streams in the Desert) I realized that there was so much I was leaving on the table and walking away from. How much blessing have I missed in my life simply because I was unwilling to seek after it, to pray for it?
So, I have quested to give God the forum to take credit for the amazing mountains He moves in my life. I welcome you to join me. I welcome you to put into words, either here or on your own paper, the incredible things that you ask God for. I urge you to pray, knowing in your heart that God CAN do these big things and expecting His answer for your life. But most of all, I invite you to share the answers God gives, both for what you want and what you do not. I invite you to make God famous for what He does in our live and the wisdom that He holds, both to give us "great gifts" or to bless us in ways that were better for us long term. Let us celebrate with you the work of the Lord. After all, "Faith is not believeing in my own unshakable belief. Faith is believeing an unshakable God when everything in me trembles and quakes."
My first example to share with you is that I begged God for souls. I begged Him to show me how He changes lives. This week I got to pray with someone to put their hope and faith in Jesus Christ and accept His free gift of salvation and eternal life. What better way to see a faithful God than to see Him changing other lives for eternity?

No comments: