Monday, July 21, 2008

Surviving a World Bigger Than Myself

So, I realize that a month without a new post makes us all feel out of touch. I actually checked my blog on Saturday and thought, "Wow! NY pictures are my last post?" It seems like I've lived a lifetime since that visit.

It seems that I've gotten busy going about keeping up with others in my life. My husband's schedule would put some celebrities to shame. My kids are very busy. I'm by nature a very busy person. But, as many around me remind me regularly, I've gotten a little bad about taking time for myself.

That led me to two very distinct realizations:
1. They are right. I need to take a little more time for myself.
2. There really is a short period of time we have on this earth. I would rather be a bit fatigued for thirty years and felt like my time here was spent glorifying God at every turn and investing in other people who will leave a legacy far more reaching than my own, than to look back on life and realize that I did nothing that was meaningful or that will last for eternity.

So, all that being said, I think that I will go take a nap and leave the housework for another time (I can't tell if this is more to satisfy more me time or to feed my need for procrastination. Take a minute to talk amongst yourselves! :))

No comments: