Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I Haven't Left the Planet

I have avoided my blog lately. I feel like a bad mother because of the lack of pictures I've posted lately. So, I intentionally haven't blogged thinking, "I will get my next post on when I have a picture of Jonathan to put up." Sadly, instead of motivating me, it pushed me into self-wallowing and non communication. So, I'll give you the quick update and add another thing to the list that my children will take with them into counselling as an adult.....

Things here are fine. We've had a LOT of rain, sleet, snow, hail, and all-around cold weather. Yesterday got a little dicey in the afternoon, but the real loser in the weather department is my garden. We lost a cucumber plant in yesterday's storm, and it just hasn't been warm enough for the garden to produce much out of all the moisture. Such is life.

The kids are great. Naomi refuses to actually crawl, but I call what she does teleporting due to the rapid speed that she moves in between the glaces I give her. Jonathan continues to talk and talk and talk. He got a haircut this weekend for Smith Family pictures that makes him look much older. Naomi is pulling up on things now. It won't be long until trouble finds her. Avery the dog is doing quite well. We pull a small poodle in hair off of her twice a week, but she does great with playing with Naomi.

Nathan and I are doing well. I have been put in charge of VBS this year (the theme is "Everyday Superhero"... do you think I have a little boy at home?), and I am dragging many other people with me. We are doing three very simple days. I'll let you know how that works. Between summer league baseball once a week, men's softball, and our coed team, Nathan is staying busy. He is quite involved right now with taking care of details for our youth mission trip to Mexico. Please pray that all of those plans come together and we are able to finish all the fundraising for that.

Alright, I will let you back to your life. Look for pictures soon!

"For the Lord your God is He who goes before you, to fight against your enemies, to save you." Deuteronomy 20:4

No comments: