Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Snakes and snails and puppydog tails.....

We have a small sociology experiment going in our house. Growing up with two sisters, I never experienced what little boys are like. When my son was born, I was awed at how different little boys really are (practically from birth)! My finite mind wondered if it my experience around babies was outdated. Then came our little sugar and spice and everything nice. How fun it is to see that, in fact, our house has a little bit of balance and opposites to enjoy between the two.

I think that it is sad to live in a society that shames us for expecting boys and girls to be different, rather than celebrating the strengths that boys and girls individually have. My husband gently reminds me that I was not born with the "correct" noise chip in my brain to make sounds effects, but I can make reading a book just as captivating in a different way. I am so glad that my son is physically strong and my daughter is sweet-spirited. I long to teach them how to use the way God made them to utilize their strength and let God triumph through their weakness. That seems like it is true liberation.

The Bible says in Romans 8:28, "And we know in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." I am so thankful that God created us so specially, so specifically, and in a way that He can use us for a special plan. It is awe-inspiring how gifted my children already are and how God is working in and around them. What a neat plan God has in using children in our lives! I wonder who learns more.......

Romans 8:28, "And we know in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

No comments: