Monday, March 26, 2007

Buzzing Around

Come to Me all you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

The bee is more honored than other animals,
Not because she labors,
Not because she labors for others.
But because she finds it sweet
To labor in the business
That her Maker has given her.

You can't enjoy the sweet things God
placed in your life
Until you replace busy-ness
with bee-ing with God. ~Debra Burton

I love the bee. Perhaps it is because the bee is so industrious. Or maybe it is because it seems as though the bee has a full grasp on its specific purpose in life. The bee does not make much honey, but she goes about making the little very often to avail much honey. That kind of clarity seems to be lacking in my life. That sense of discipline seems to be waining in my day-to-day schedule. However, I never seem to lack in the busyness that the bee is famous for.

I have had to look at my life and evaluate what is good and what is best. I find that if I toil in what is good, I grow very tired. I revel in the fact that if I truly seek out what is best and only give my time to that, I am energized and at peace at the end of my day. I suppose that is when I press into God for His strength to complete only the tasks that He has prepared for me and use the strength that only comes from Him. I suppose that is when I most want to be a bee. I want to be able to complete what is impossible by worldly standards to achieve and gives God the most glory in my life.

No comments: